Well thanks Lauren for doing this! I have been in a cooking rut so maybe this blog will motivate me! Here's my white bean soup recipe that Lauren was talking about...I think Caroline B. had mentioned wanting it also. It's one of my favorite recipes of my mom. It's great for cold weather! Hope everyone has a good week!
White Bean Soup
Ingredients:
1 lb white beans
1 large onion
1 can whole tomatoes
slice of smoked ham (1/2 in. thick)
rice
salt and pepper
Rinse beans and let soak. Boil beans for 1 1/2-2 hours until beans break. Add 1 tbsp salt.
Cube ham and fry in another skillet with vegetable oil until brown. Add chopped onion and let simmer. Add 1 can whole tomatoes. Leave on low covered.
Add to beans. Let cook on low. Add salt and pepper (about 1 tspn). Cook for at least 30 minutes, until beans get soft and mushy.
Serve with rice.
Serves alot! I usually freeze half for another week.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment