Sunday, November 9, 2008

Let's try it!

Hey Girls...Ok, I have no idea if we will ever use this but here goes nothing!!! :) So every week I make three or four meals for the two of us. I always look online but I never really know if the recipe is going to taste alright and sometimes the ingredients are so darn expensive. So I thought we could post our recipes or our menu for the week just to get some other ideas out on the table! 

So...this week Adam and Lauren will be eating:
- Eggplant Spaghetti
- Chicken Pot Pies (food network...Ellie Krieger...don't know how this one will turn out)
- White Beans (Caroline E's recipe...GREAT!)

I haven't done the chicken pot pies before and the spaghetti is frozen from last week...just sautéing fresh veggies to go over the pasta. But I wanted to post a recipe I did last week that we loved!!!

Shrimp Italian

1 lb. small shrimp (I bought the Louisiana frozen shrimp and they tasted great)
1/2 bunch green onion, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
garlic powder to taste
1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated swiss cheese
1 package (12 oz.) egg noodles
1 can (3 oz.) evaporated milk
1 tbsp. parsley, chopped

Saute shrimp & green onions with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste in margarine for about 10 minutes or until cooked. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, swiss cheese and Italian bread crumbs. Cook egg noodles until tender, drain & rinse with cold water. Season lightly with salt & garlic powder. Add evaporated milk and remaining 3 tbsp. of parmesan cheese. Pour shrimp mixture over egg noodles and sprinkle with parsley. 

Serves 4-6

Ok, just one more that you really can't go wrong with!!!

Potatoes Mamou

2 1/2 lbs. butter (Yukon) gold potatoes
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
1 package (5.2 oz.) Boursin cheese (this is what makes the potatoes so GOOD!)
salt & pepper to taste

Scrub potatoes clean, leaving skins on. Slice potatoes thin with a mandolin or knife. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes in a colander and return to saucepan. Place on burner with the heat turned off to evaporate any water and mash with a potato masher. Meanwhile, heat butter and buttermilk in the microwave until hot. Crumble boursin cheese into butter mixture and stir until well blended. Pour over potatoes and stir to combine. Add a generous amount of salt & pepper. Taste for seasonings. (Red potatoes can also be used.) 

Serves 8




No comments: